Virtual Internship Program
New professionals usually have trouble getting started in our public health and development business; there is that famous “catch 22”! You can’t find a job because you do not have enough experience and can’t get experience without having a job!
We have great news! RGH has solved that problem! We have created the “Virtual Internship Program” to provide “real work” experience. This is not an administrative job to “see” how others work. Here you really work!
The program is a three-month internship that allows participants to get hands-on experience in the everyday management of international global health consulting services. This is a virtual program and after a face-to-face orientation, most of the work is done online. Weekly progress is assessed in short face-to-face or online meetings according to individual objectives. A debriefing meeting is conducted at the end of the internship.
Description of the Program
The program is a three-month internship that allows participants to get hands-on experience in the every day management of international global health consulting services. This is a virtual program and after a face-to-face orientation, most of the work is done online. Weekly progress is assessed in short face-to-face or online meetings according to individual objectives. A debriefing meeting is conducted at the end of the internship.
Purpose of the Program
The purpose of the program is to acquire practical experience and apply technical knowledge to contribute to the development of stronger health care systems by working to support RGH systems and program delivery.
Profile of the Virtual Intern
- Outstanding social skills. Able to communicate effectively with peers and clients, expresses needs and knows when to ask for help and feedback.
- Proactive. Listens and asks questions, anticipates needs and problems and ways to avoid or address them.
- Focused and goal-oriented. Gives full attention to detail and to achieving the task at hand and meets deadlines.
- Entrepreneurial and creative. Enjoys challenges and creating solutions where others see problems.
- Committed to learning and doing new things. Insatiably curious!
- Reflective. Demonstrated ability to learn from experience.
- Great sense of humor. Being able to laugh at one’s mistakes and move on is essential!
The intern will have the following benefits:
- Own personal coach to oversee the intern’s development and performance.
- Free participation in at least one of RGH’s programs.
- A written recommendation upon successful completion of the internship.
- The opportunity to learn about RGH’s programs and business practices.
- The opportunity to be in contact with public health practitioners worldwide.
The intern needs to commit to work for 3 to 4 hours a day for at least three months, and sign an agreement of rights and responsibilities. Under special circumstances, full-time students may be accepted in the program and a flexible program will be developed. Demonstrated outstanding academic performance and passion for public health and development are essential.
This is not a remunerated position.
How to apply with RGH
To apply, click the button below and complete the application. When asked about type of employment desired, select “Internship”. Be sure to include a CV and cover letter.
Applications are accepted on a rolling basis as needed.
RGH, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer
The selection and offering of employment is done without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, citizenship, physical or mental handicap, or status as a disabled or veteran of the U.S. Armed Forces.